A few months ago I sorted through all of my small pieces of leftover fabric, along with all the donated fabric I have for charity quilts. I put together bags of scraps that I thought would work well together in quilts and ended up with about 30 sets. Last week when I didn't have much on the planning board for my quilting, I decided to "grab a bag" from the drawer to see what I could come up with.
These are the fabric pieces that were in the first bag.
I realized that wasn't enough to make a very big quilt top. . .
so I went to the cabinet in my in my sewing/laundry room and got the "purple" box of scraps down.
I managed to get several blocks made and then remembered some lavender chenille I bought on sale several years ago. Yep, there was enough for sashing AND backing. Hooray. (Unfortunately my camera is doing funny things this morning, so I can't show you a photo of the finished blocks with the chenille.)
This is the first of five sets of blocks that I have completed. (I even managed to find backing fabric for all five of them in my stash closet! Hooray.)
Oh, and I am disciplining myself: In true GRAB BAG style, I take whichever bag is in front in the drawer for the next project. I will NOT allow myself to pick and choose.
Hopefully I'll get my camera figured out and can show you some more photos soon.
Hmmmmmm, maybe it just needs new batteries.
Monday update: changed the batteries, still funky striped, pale photos. DRATS!