Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SO HERE'S THE QUILTING, TOO . . .

I will be getting back to some quilting here in a couple days. (Right now I'm working on some home decorating projects.) These are the two quilts that I finished a couple weeks ago.

This one is my first try at "fussy cut". The 4 paisley patterns in those center squares were each cut from within the fabric, then sewn together to make that pattern. This is a really special quilt for me because all the fabrics (with the exception of the backing) are from daughter, Anna Maria's, very first fabric collection. A friend at my quilt retreat in September took the quilt home with her and did the long arm quilting for me.

I really also love this quilt. The angels on the border were cut from a fabric that I found at my local quilt shop last summer. I also found the other fabrics (with the exception of the back border and the green sashing) at the same time -- all at an unbelievable sale price! The quilting is SITD. I'm still contemplating the possibility of going back and free motion stitching around the angels.

But until I decide, I've got it in just the perfect spot for the cold winter nights. I put my feet up on the couch, watch TV, knit, and pull the quilt down over my legs.

Ahhhh, it doesn't get much better than that for a relaxing evening . . .
except maybe if I add glass of wine!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Just beautiful and so bright. perfect for winter.