Thursday, March 10, 2011

AHA, FOR ME!

Well, now, this doesn't happen very often. I actually knitted a sweater for myself. I had lots of time on my hands while I was at my daughter's with her children while she was gone a few days. (You know the drill: teenagers in school all day, then mostly in their rooms the rest of the time.)
So by the time I came home the sweater was all knitted, just needed assembly which I finished today. It turned out oversized enough that it will be used more as a knitted jacket. I really like the yarn -- a wool - silk blend.


So now it's time to decided on a pattern for the next couple sweaters.
I've gotten a couple new pattern books which have great choices. The boy's will most likely be from this book that I picked up at a great yarn shop in Asheville NC. (I met up with a friend there on my way home from South Carolina where I had been at my daughter's.)

I had picked up this pattern book at a little shop here in Knoxville a few weeks ago. Great for those "tween" sizes. And I'll be having a few of those over the next few years, so I figured it was worth it.

I'm leaning toward this for little Roman who will be two in May.

And this might just be the pattern for his sister who will be 10 in August. But I've got a lot of time to figure that out.


Oh, yeah, the yarn is from Friends and Fiberworks too: Berroco Vintage DK--a washable wool blend.

But before I start on that knitting, I might just work on some embroidery.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Your sweater is just beautiful.