Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A BUSY WEEK

 It has been a busy week.  I spent the first 4 days of last week with my on-line quilting friends at a lovely retreat center in North Carolina.  This is a view from outside my cabin.  Isn't it lovely?
And in reality the colors were even more vibrant than this.  (The photo was taken on a cloudy morning.)


There were 25 of us this year.  We have grown a bit each year, with only 7 ladies the first year 4 years ago.

These are a few of the "show and tell" quilts that the ladies brought with them to show their handiwork.
This was started by our dear friend Jan Mynatt who passed away in June.  Her work is impeccable!

 These are a few of the other quilts that my friends have made over the past months.  There were many others, but unfortunately I was so busy trying to get my quilt pieced that I didn't take too many photos.




 Their quilts made this one of mine look quite simple by comparison.

I returned home on Thursday afternoon, just in time to unpack and repack for a trip to New York to visit our son and his family.  It was a great time to visit.  His church was putting on a performance of "Annie" which was wonderful.  All the child actors were members of the youth choir and their voices were quite good.  (Even my husband who expected to be totally bored REALLY enjoyed it!

This is our family portion of the cast:  daughter in law and their three oldest children.  A Nani has to brag a bit, right?


So that's what I've been up to.  I also did get a bit of knitting done while I was gone and this morning I started the blocking process for my sweater.  Gotta get that quilt sandwiched and quilted pretty quickly too.



1 comment: