Tuesday, June 14, 2011

OUT OF THE COMFORT ZONE

Well, at least out of my comfort zone.

I've taken a bit of a respite from my quilt top sewing and have been working on some home decoration items.
Luckily for me, my daughter Eleni of Eleni Interiors, Columbia SC was here to visit me last week and cut a pattern for me for drapery swags. I think they're going to be OK. Realistically they will most likely stay draped over my stairway banister for a while -- until my husband is ready to install the rods. Who knows when that will be.


And on the knitting front, I left my comfort zone of using 4 double point needles for knitting socks. I get e-mails from my local yarn shops. A couple weeks ago, there was a message that Loopville was hosting a class to learn the "magic loop" method for knitting socsk. That's using one circular needle instead of the double points. So I decided to jump on the opportunity. This is the beginning of my "bed socks". I'll have toasty tootsies this winter.
I'm doing OK, in spite of the fact that I didn't pick up that knitting for over a week after the class, I remembered how to do it when I picked it back up a couple days ago.

Now if I can just remember how to do the "long tail" cast on that Jinka taught me the same day. Ah, and I just finished the back of my granddaughter's sweater, so it IS time to cast on -- for the fronts. Hmmmmm, I wonder just which cast on method will be used on those sweater fronts! I'll keep you posted.

No comments: