Friday, March 21, 2008

A COUPLE WIPs

Just so you won't think that I have totally abandoned the quilting and knitting world, I thought that I should show you a couple WIPs (for those not familiar with the "lingo", that's works in progress).

These are a couple things that are I'm making for baby gifts. Neither are quite finished. The quilt is just the quilt top. I am considering adding some machine embroidery to it, since I do have a disc with some really cute little puppies that I think would work well. That, of course, needs to be done before I add the batting, so I guess I'd better hurry up and decide.

It would be a good use of time to be doing some machine embroidery as I am cutting fabric for this next project.

Now, are you ready for the fun? I am currently in the midst of a fabric exchange with my internet Weight Watcher quilting friends. There are 30 of us in this exchange. We are each sending 2 10" squares, one dark and one light, that coordinate. It is SO very much fun. I have 12 so far. I am making them in to half square triangles as they come in. I have 12 so far. I'm a bit undecided about what pattern to use for this wonderful variety of fabrics for a "scrappy" quilt. I'm thinking about just plain diagonal stripes.

I think that would give me a good opportunity to try some machine quilting on a quilt larger than baby size--perhaps stitch in the ditch on the diagonal seams and then meandering curves between those lines. I've already purchased my quilter's gloves, so I'm ready to go.

In the meantime, my Buckeye Beauty quilt is at the quilters and I'll be spending the weekend with my 2 daughters and their families. See you after I have my heart's full of family joy--time with my 2 girls and 7 of the grandchildren.

No comments: