Saturday, April 11, 2009

Blessed Holidays To You All!

For those of you celebrating Easter this weekend, may you have a blessed commemoration of Our Lord's Resurrection--and a "Sweet Passover" to my Jewish friends.
Those of us of the Eastern Orthodox tradition will not be celebrating our "Pascha" until next week.  The explanation of the Orthodox dating of Easter  can be found at #6 in this document.

I have been staying pretty busy with my knitting and quilting.  The baby blanket and leg warmer are finally finished!  Hooray.  (I'll be taking the leg warmer to my granddaughter next weekend to join its mate.  I had given her just one to make sure it fit before I started on the second.)

And I've started a baby hat to go with the blanket.  Actually it's finished, but I haven't taken the photo yet.  Now I'm working on a sweater to go with it.

On the quilting front, I've been working on some charity quilts with fabric that was donated to our church's local charitable ladies group.

The yellow and green fleece are from my stash and the prints are from donations. (The small squares were even already cut!)


We will be donating them to our local yarn shop that in turn will give them to our local Project Linus.

Next week will be a busy church week for me, so I probably won't be blogging again until sometime after the 19th.  Until then, blessings to you all.

No comments: