Tuesday, February 19, 2008

AWH-AWH, ANOTHER SALE

Oh, goodness, I only went in the store because I finished this 30s repro baby quilt




(which now hangs on the crib side right below the quilt made from real 30s (or maybe 40s) blocks--not sure exactly, my grandmother hand pieced them sometime before she died in 1948.


We all know once one project is completed we must start on another.
I needed one more fabric to coordinate for my next quilt. I will be making Buckeye Beauty.
I did go to the quilt shop today because the shop has a selected few fabrics at $5 per yard on Tuesdays, so I thought maybe I would find the one fabric I needed at a good price. Well, I paid full price for what NEEDED, (the kind of bright pink in the lower middle).


The brown at the top will be the back, the pink the binding, the terracotta, the sashing, and the remaining fabrics (+ some of the backing fabric) will make up the blocks.

But look what was $5 a yard.

How can a girl resist? Now I'm actually sorry I didn't get 2 yards of each; I could make a king size quilt! Hmm maybe my next Tuesday trip.
Not next Tuesday, though: I'll be in New York with my little Punkin' Doodle (new grandbaby who will have some medical coaxing on Thursday to come into this world--if she hasn't decided to do it on her own by then).
So my next post just might include a photo with her cuddled in the quilt or knitted blanket that's already in my suitcase ready to go!

2 comments:

Anna Maria Parry said...

Mom that shot of the crib looks straight out of a magazine! So pretty on the wall, and the quilt on made to compliment it looks perfect :)

I can't wait to see the Purl quilt! its going to be gorgeous.

Talked to kathy this morning and she has a "ready to push a baby out" energy in her voice.

xo,AM

The Wooden Spool said...

That crib with the quilts is stunning! Yes, straight from a magazine, only better, because it's your own pretties! YAY~ Good luck with your new grand baby.
Laurie~