Wednesday, February 13, 2008

BUSY WORK FOR AN ICY DAY

I know that many of you have had day after day of icy weather. We got our first real taste of it today in East Tennessee. Not a pretty snow, but more of what I used to call (growing up in Indiana) "spittin' snow"--those tiny kind of hard not-even-flakes bits of snow. As I was sitting at my sewing machine (in front of a window), I noticed my neighbor driving out her drive way--or so I thought. Within a few seconds, she was backing her car back down the drive way and putting it in the garage. It must have been pretty icy out there. Anyway, it gave me a good opportunity to get some sewing and a little knitting done today. Good thing: after all, spring will be here soon and I'm going to want to be outside playing with my flowers and the new garden bed that my husband has been working on. Only a little garden--just enough for a few tomato and pepper plants. But back to the subject of my blog.

I've been working on this quilt for a while and I finally have the top put together.

Right now it's sitting on my cutting table with 6 of the 20 blocks basted for my stitch in the ditch quilting. I'm excited to do that as it will be the first that I've used my new walking foot.

My last few evenings have been spent knitting a blanket for the new grandbaby-to-be. I thought this varigated yarn would go well with the fabric that was used in her rag quilt and bedding.

It's a bit more than 1/2 done, but perhaps I should get back to that now; she will be arriving any day.

No comments: