Wednesday, October 22, 2008

INTERNET FRIENDSHIPS

Oh my goodness, I had a wonderful opportunity yesterday to meet several of my internet friends. Some of you who have been reading my blog for a while know that I first got in to the internet friendship circles through a Weight Watchers Message Board.  Over the past couple years some of these women have truly become my best friends.

7 of my quilting friends are spending a few days on their own little  "quilting retreat" at a wonderful retreat center in western North Carolina.   I was not able to go for the entire time, but  since I live in East Tennessee, I decided to drive there for the day yesterday.  You'd have thought I'd known these women all my life.  It was a wonderful day.

These women have been absolutely wonderful to  and for me this year with my health challenges--sending me all kinds of periodic  little  "pick me ups".  It was truly an honor to get to meet each and every one of them.  I just wish that more of our quilting group could have been there.  They are all so very generous.  One is involved making quilts for injured service men and women.  I was able to hand deliver some red white and blue fabric to her to help with her efforts.  

Another is involved in making quilts for hospitalized children.  I made a few quilt tops that I was able to give to her personally.



While they were all sewing away on their quilt projects (Yes, they all had their sewing machines with them,)   I was busy knitting like a fiend all day so that I could give them each a dish cloth--just a little something to pay back all the love and care that they have shown me.

And speaking of knitting, I have also been communicating with a Weight Watcher's knitting group.  These lovely ladies got together and collectively knit me a prayer shawl. The weather was perfect for me to wear it to church this past Sunday.  Since the ladies who knit at the beginning of the project never saw the completed shawl, just thought I'd show you all how lovely it turned out!



THANK  YOU  ALL  FOR  BEING  MY  CYBER  FRIENDS!

Sorry about the underlining; I'm still figuring out the commands for this site on my new computer!

No comments: