Wednesday, October 15, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL: AUTUMN IS HERE


I don't quite know why, but somehow in the autumn it seems at my house that it's time for home deocrating.
Maybe it's because, with fewer daylignt hours outside, I'm in the house more.
Maybe it's because I'm getting in gear for the really big decorating season; you know the one I'm talking about.
Anyway, I received a special little gift in the mail a couple weeks ago:  quilters charms.  Just fit the bill to get me in my autumn decorating.  Made perfect scarf for my coffee table, and with the autumn "dish" that my godmother gave me years ago, my living room now seems all spruced up for autumn.


And with autumn in the air Turkey Time can't be too far away.  In Tom Turkey's honor, I made a dishcloth.  But then I had to try something Christmassy too.  Alas no red or forest green cotton yarn in the house so the best I could come up with was a yellow star.  I have downloaded several other patterns that I'm eager to try.


And speaking of Christmas: yes I finally have started on those jammies.  The fabric you see here is now pj bottoms for the two oldest granddaughters that will go with the tops.  


 And there are three plaid fabrics on my cutting table just waiting for their turn for the 3 older boys.  Hooray, I'm gettin' there--and even a little ahead of the game this year, maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely scarf! I've noticed your dishcloth knitting, something I'm required to do often for family! Enjoy using them.