Saturday, October 11, 2008

More Quilts and Another Beret


Well, after playing around with different commands, I've finally figured out how to do this.  I just hope I'll remember it next time.  

So here it is:   I've finally finished the quilts for my husband's nephew's twins, a boy and a girl.  They will go in the mail next week.  I think maybe they were rolled up and folded in the mailing box a bit too long already, hence the wrinkles.  I promise I really had pressed!


I also have all but the hand embroidery finished on this quilt that's been on my back burner for several weeks.



And I finally finished knitting what I believe will be the last beret I'll be making for quite a while.



And here's a funny for you:  Remember the netting that I purchased for crocheting pot scrubbies?  Well, I'm happy that I  bought a lot extra netting.  My husband needed something for his fish net to scoop up minnows.  OILA, a little ingenuity and we've got it covered:  



Happy to report the minnows that he captured in this modified net helped him catch a couple catfish and blue gills and one beautiful large mouth bass.  He released them so they're back happily swimming in our beautiful Tennessee River!  Maybe next time a couple fish will make it to the frying pan.  I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

The light and dark quilt looks fabulous. Your points are really good.

Eileen