Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Melange of Fabric -- and Quilting Stitches

Well, I decided before I began to make the jammies for my grandchildren this year that I should get rid of some of the scraps (AKA stash) from previous years of their pajamas.  Timing is good, too, as I wanted to make a baby quilt for a newborn at our church and also one for his one year old brother who I never got around to making a quilt for last year.


While I was at it, I made this quilt too.  I have no idea who it will go to; but always nice to have one on hand, don't you think?


Oh, yes, there's plenty of feminine fabric too, but I think I'll only work on one of those before I start sewing the Christmas jammies.

Oh, and I gotta tell ya'; I'm having so much fun with an old form of needle work that I haven't done in ages:  hand embroidery.  This quilt now has some machine (stitch in the ditch at the sashing) and hand quilting and machine (initials of the ladies in the fabric exchange who sent me the fabrics) and the hand embroidery running stitches and French knots that I have started in the sashing.




Only problem is:  I'm having so much fun with the embroidery (and it will take me FOREVER to get all the way around that quilt), that I'm neglecting my knitting.
 Gotta get back to it.  See you soon.

No comments: