Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's the 25th; that means CHRISTMAS CLUB

Not a lot to share today, but I just thought I'd let you in on a little "next year holiday trick" that some of my on-line friends and I are are trying.  One day a month our "crafting" is devoted to something for this year's holiday gifts.  We decided on the 25th since that is the date of Christmas. 

And OH DEAR, today IS the 25th!  Is it OK to count some things I started last month after I got in to the swing of the whole idea?  I spent Jan 25 getting all my Christmas card list in my computer address book and learned how to print them on to address labels.  Now that will make the holiday easier for me, come December.

And last month after that addressing chore was completed, I started on some gift dishcloths for a dear person (not sayin' who) who happens to have a blue kitchen.


As soon as I leave here, I'm going to start on another cloth for her--a Valentine one.  In addition to the blue cloths, I'm planning holiday or season cloths to go with them.  I'm thinking Valentine, spring, maybe July 4, Thanksgiving, and Chirstmas.  Maybe something else will come to mind as the year goes by.
But for now, it's time to go get started on the Valentine before February 25 is over!

Oh, by the way, my parsley has sprouted!   And I have a second little "cup" with lettuce planted.  My poinsettia (yes I did go back and add the rooting hormone) and geranuims are doing well too.

No comments: