Thursday, July 16, 2009

FABRIC STASH CAN BE FOR MORE THAN QUILTS!

Ah, babies are so much fun, even when they are not here yet!
I, and several other ladies from my church, are hosting on a baby shower for my goddaughter, who is expecting a little girl in September.
We are using cardboard baby blocks for the center pieces for the tables, but I wanted to do a little something more to go with her nursery theme.
She has chosen a  bunny pattern  for her nursery, so I went on line, found it and traced the bunny silhouette and cut out fleece from --of course-- my stash  (leftovers from many receiving blankets and quilt backs).

So we will have rather unique "doilies" for the cup cake at each place setting for our buffet luncheon on Sunday.


I also took a bit of her soon-to-be quilt fabric to redress a cardboard bunny that I found at AC Moore the other day.  The polka dot on Mr. Bunny is his new jacket.

And if we find a place for them, we might also scatter these little guys that I found in a sale Easter packet of  foam goodies.


See, there are many good reasons a reason for wonderful and varied STASH!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Ohhhh MaryLynn! Those "bunnies" are "adorable!" You really outdid yourself with those little cupcake mats and that little jacket! Adorable I tell ya!!! Absolutely adorable :) I've been waiting anxiously to see them too, so I was thrilled to see your post :) Have fun at the Shower.