Sunday, March 14, 2010

I THINK IT WORKED !

I think that the hodge-podge of turquoise, teal, and red worked out OK. I had enough of the stash fabric to make a nice size quilt for a young teen. (It turned out to be about 38" x 60".) I backed it with fleece. I have backed with fleece previously without using a batting, but I was always a bit unhappy with the seam bumps that could be felt through the fleece. So this time I pressed the seams opened, then zig-zagged sewed the horizontal seams of the top to sheeting fabric before I sewed on the fleece backing. I'm much happier with it this way than with nothing between the fleece and the seams.


Since there was already the zig zag on the top, though, I didn't want to do a lot more quilting, so I decided to tie this one.

And on to the knitting front:
I have started this sweater for my soon-to-be 15 yo granddaughter.

I was a bit concerned that the pretty ringlet pattern stripe on the front wouldn't show up enough on my varigated yarn, but I think it's going to be OK.


Well, it's been a couple days since I've picked it up, so I guess it's time to get back to work!

4 comments:

Anna Maria Parry said...

The quilt looks really cute- are you donating it? And I can def see Phifers in that sweater- I am actually (finally) sneaking in a little quilting time myself to night.

Kisses from everyone- xxxxxxxx ~ Anna

Jennifer D said...

Your quilt is fantastic and I can't wait to see the finished sweater, lucky girl.

Jan said...

Ohhhhh it definitely worked Mary Lynn cuz those colors look awesome together ... it's gonna be a lovely quilt for some special someone :) Love the pattern for DGD's new sweater too! Can't wait to see it finished :)

AMIT said...

Its so beautiful looking.

ad placing india