Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BLAST FROM THE PAST

Oh, my goodness. I had almost forgotten I had this pattern "book". I knew I had a lot of my mom's old patterns, but this one contains the pattern for not one, but for three patterns of sweaters that she made for me while I was in high school! I no longer have those sweaters, but I do indeed still have two others that she knit me during those same years that I still actually wear. AND my daughter and granddaughter each have one as well.


Now, the reason I was looking through all my patterns was to find a pattern for "chunky" weight yarn for a sweater for my granddaughter for her August birthday. (Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to find patterns for late grammar school age and pre-adolescent children?)

And, hooray, I found a pattern that I am using. (This is the back, but I guess you cold figure that out.)

And since I showed you a bit of my mother's "hobby", I thought I might as well show you that I try to keep up a bit with my father's as well. At one time he must have had around 100 rose bushes. And they were all beautiful.
These are the first blooms on one of my (only) three bushes.


I think both Mother and Daddy might be pleased that the "apple doesn't fall far from the tree"!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I'm sure your granddaughter will love her sweater. How fun to 'reuse' an old pattern. Your roses are beautiful. Reading about your dad reminded me of my grandmother who grew several varieties of roses while living in Denver. Happy Mothers Day