Monday, May 17, 2010

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT . . .

. . . or at least I hope so.

I've been playing with my embroidery machine again -- and using very different weights of fabric. First of all on this voile (from daughter Anna Maria's collection) for the yoke of a nightgown. The body of the gown will be the print. (I think I'll make a trip to the shop to get a little different colors, but I'm pleased with the quality of the stitches.)


Amazingly, I didn't even have to change the tension settings to get a good result on the practice towel either.


Oh, yes, I'm still knitting along on that sweater and my "take along" dish cloths.



And, of course, still enjoying the spring blooms I find in my flower beds.


OK, time to go back and play some more, or shall I just go outside and enjoy the birds' songs after our late afternoon rain?

1 comment:

Jan said...

The embroidery looks great Mary Lynn! Those are gonna be some cute jammies :) Gorgeous flowers too! Wishing you a good day my dear :)