Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Changing Seasons

Well, my trip to daughter Eleni's over the week end did prove to show that fall really is here and winter will follow close behind.

There were very few bright colored trees (I'm sure because of the dry weather we have had here) on the trip over the mountains on Thursday, but on the way home, the leaves were already gone! Must have been quite a windy couple days.
I did get a couple shots in the foothills on the South Carolina side of the mountains.


In a few days, I'm hoping this view from my sewing room window will have a little more color.


But winter coming? Besides the pretty cool Sunday morning temperature in South Carolina, and frost on Tuesday morning here in East Tennessee, getting ready for Christmas is a sure sign that winter is coming. I had lots of fun in Eleni's shop while she was gone and the children were in school. I got to unpack a lot of her Christmas items. I'm not really sure which were my favorites. She has some of the most beautiful florals I have ever seen.



And while they look pretty good just stuck in a vase the way I did it (although, even the photos don't do them justice) her arrangements are so much better . . . absolutely fantastic.

She also carries Mark Robert's "Fairies" which have apparently become quite a popular collector's item in some circles. This is just one of the many that I unpacked.



I remember how much I liked this Nativity set when I was at "market" with her in January. (The light streaming in the shop window made it a little difficult to get a good photo, but I just had to share it with you.)


OK, if Christmas is coming, I'd better get back to work on those jammies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful view from your sewing room! So idyllic. I miss that about my view, since moving downstairs into "the cave."