Sunday, August 17, 2008

THERE'S A WHOLE LOT OF KNITTIN' GOIN' ON

Oh, my goodness, too many projects and not enough hours in the day!

In the midst of assembling the sweater for my 13 yo granddaughter, and starting a vest for my 11 yo grandson, I decided to try and finish the birthday sweater (the red one) for my almost 6 year old granddaughter so her dad, who is visiting this week, can take it home to her--almost in time for her birthday on the 20th.


In the meantime, I'm working on a couple baby quilt tops:

This one is for my sister-in-law's new granddaughter in Greece. I did my shopping in daughter Anna Maria's studio when we visited there last weekend. (It's from her new Garden Party line.) Lucky me, huh?


This will be a strip quilt for a sweet young lady at church, having her second daughter any day now. (Some fabric from my stash, some that I picked up this week at my favorite quilt shop.)


In the meantime, this hand quilting has been put aside, waiting for a time when the birthdays aren't quite so imminent.


Oh and while we were visiting our daughter last week, I convinced her children to model some of the knitting that I have done for them through the years.

Can't let that go by without sharing with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where do all of the hours go?!!?? I'm impressed by all you do. My kids start school in 2 days and I only look forward to it so I can get more knitting time in:)

What a great picture to have of your grandkids. This will hold cherished memories for them some day, too.
Tina